Tuesday 4 November 2008

Ideas are running through my head so quickly, that is hard to catch them, but I will try.

Last Friday we had our one day project for Animal watches. We spent the day figuring out what Animal is about and what we can as designers add to their products. It was refreshing to work as a group and share the work load, such a backup research and brainstorming. It was also a good test of time management, because our ideas had to be in a presentable form for three o clock in the afternoon.

After this it is our turn to take the ideas we developed in the group and work on them individually. I am stuck at the moment. More research about the products and the company is needed. Because I don't know the company enough, I don't know what to say with my design and how to fit it in with the brand that Animal is.

At the moment I am also working on a personal project with a second year fashion student Laura Peters. Our collaboration is still in the very beginning and we are still sketching out ideas, what it will be. The general idea is to combine my illustration skills and her love of making clothes and create a range of exhiting new clothes with original, new and intresting patterns. Something I am really exhited about! We will create something new!

I am also looking at the D&AD briefs. There are couple of open briefs which interest me and also the illustration brief; to humanise a big corporate space. On top of this I am working on a short film with the second year film students in their experimental film unit. I am playing one of the two leading roles. I am busy but happy.

No comments: