Saturday 20 December 2008

Everything is so simple when it is right. People choose to make it difficult. You don`t need fancy words to back your work up if it is good. You don`t need catch frases or complicated words. The work will stand there for it self. Simplisity is often more effective and beautiful, and by beautiful I mean not necessary the esthetics of it, but the beauty in the idea, then using a lot of gimmicks. This is my philosophy in designing. And I think everyone should have one. More is less, make every line count, make them flawless and force the viewer to look at your details that you are offering to them. You have a message, what you have to offer has value. Don`t underestimate or disapoint your viewer. When you finally have got their attention, live up to the expectations and deliver. Philosophy, a story behind design is important. Without that your design, photograph, illustration, what ever it is, is just a flat image.

I have a constant, desperate need to develop myself. I have a huge need to feel fulfilled. I don`t think learning, growing or developing yourself is ever over. This is why I need, in order to grow better as a designer ( like Wayne Hemingway said in his talk, don`t labelise yourself as a graphik designer, fashion designer, but a creative person, who is open to see an opportunity, a possibility, where others don`t ), to pinpoint to myself, not to others, what I value and am about in the creative area of my life. This way, by putting it out there, it will also come more clear to myself.

Influences, reading, listening, watching movies, documentaries, drawing inspiration from others experiences is vital. I want to be even more focused this year. I am not doing this for grades, to show of to others, but to fulfill myself. To be the best I can be and even a little bit better! That is my goal.

No comments: