Monday 8 December 2008

I CAN NOT CREATE IN COMPANY!

Today I have been painting. That is something I love. It is a source of passion, frustration and agonising pain, looking at every line you create and thinking how to make them even better. I am never satisfied with the texture my brush and acrylic paint give to the images on the canvas. I have locked myself in my room. Isolation is needed and that is actually the theme of my images as well. It seems to be hard for some people to understand this. My housemates have not respected my quest for privacy and have been nocking on my door constantly. Sometimes a lonely island would be the best place to create. No by watchers and no one to hassle you with minor questions.

If I had to choose a way to die I would die in the sea. Says Herbert Baglione in a short documentary called The Run Up. He is someone who I draw inspiration from. He says he has too aims when he works: " To prevent conflict on one hand, but also seeking to create new ones. I need chaos in order to see the harmony. "

He says his work usually critiques on the obese and the anorexic. " I see it as a way to provoke the public. If someone shows the interest in this type of art and they themselves happen to be targets of my critiques, I `ve created a ironic situation. "

He talks about chaos and how in creek mythology it represented emptiness. That makes sense, a room with millions of things, you end up not seeing anything. Chaos is like that.

He finishes by saying: " I need to keep learning, searching, seeing things that will different me from others because, it is not what you show people, but how it makes you feel inside.

In one bit of the documentary, his work is shown drawing itself. That would be a interesting feature on my web site. I admire the man, the images the words. But like Tove Jansson wrote; If you admire someone too much you can never be completely free.

No comments: