Thursday 25 December 2008

From my home country, where people have to drink a six pack to be able to talk.

Experimenting with polaroids. Finland -6 C. The wether effects the processing/development of the polaroid images. It slows the process down and gives the images a bluish/purple tint.

My fingers became stiff, but I keep on pushing the button. The flash goes on every time. There is no other setting. That is the beauty, the simplicity of the polaroid camera. The technique of a disposable camera, an unique picture, that you will gte to your hands in a seconds time.

I was fighting the light. Becasue of the simplicity of the polaroid camera, light is even more important. I went to my favorite place in Mäntyharju, the tiny pier, in the middle of a forrest. I wanted to capture the beautiful shapes thats snow, nature, the lake, combined with structures humans have built make. It is like looking at the clouds on a summer day, letting your imagination run wild.

Nature is truly an inspiration for me. When I look at these images, that I took, I see characters that are just waiting to get alive.

No comments: