Sunday 8 March 2009

PPRD hand in

The deadline for this hand in is on Monday. What we are required to hand in, is our blog or paper based diaries, plan for portfolio, our CV and live and competition briefs.

I am very happy with my PPRD, which obviously, I did in the form of a blog. Compared to last years PPRD it is much more detailed and wider, concerning information about my work and development, reflecting and analyzing it. I set my goal to blog everything and I have pretty much done that. A blog is an easy way to keep the information up to date and manageable. It is also a good way for me pinpoint what I learned, where I failed or what further needs to be done. I plant to continue writing by blog after the "hand in".

At the moment my portfolio consists only of couple of pieces. Tis is because there is very few things I actually want to put there. A portfolio is obviously something that will grow and develop with my development as an artist. I plan to hand a pdf, with some pieces I feel happy with.

We started to work as a team on a illustration brief for D&AD with Matt Lewis and Allison Lunday. Our start was good and we where all keen to see what we could individually bring to the table and how we could get our styles to work together. We had meetings with Mike Ryan and Cattell Ronca to get advise and support to our ideas. The brief said: Humanize a big corporate space. We started of by looking at the patterns in nature. We wanted to bring something organic to the every day life of the people working as part of a big corporate company.

After meeting up with both Mike Ryan and Catell Ronca, we decided to try out mosaic as the pattern. Catell advised us, helping to combine our styles and gather ideas together, to draw together on a big paper. This way we could all see what everyone was doing an feed of each others creativity.We decided to meet up on Wednesdays and Sundays, first at Matts house then, because of bigger space in my room. These meetings where really enjoyable and it was nice to talk about the profession of illustration together with two other people, who had the same interest.

Why our project failed was because of our poor time managing and the multiple projects that took our time and interest away from this project. In the end we decided to go our separate ways and develop our own ideas.

For live briefs, I have been working on two, both blogged earlier one. I have been working as a set designer, doing illustrations to a yet untitled project, by Malte Hubner. Because delays in the production, this project is still on going and the development of the images is in progress. I am also working as a photographer, taking HDR images for a third year grad film, by Kyrill Dementjev. I also got interested in a brief Neil posted, called A view to London, that is hosted by the AOI in partnership with London Transport Museum. The deadline for this is 20th or March. This is something I will be working on besides my FMP.

No comments: