Tuesday 6 January 2009

As I earlier wrote I want to create some new pieces of illustration to my web page, because that is my main focuse in my work. Going through m work when creating an identity for my web page I noticed how much of my work is actually photography based, personal stuff. That is why I feel I need to create strong pieces of illustration outside the course work and usually that tend to be the best, most interesting stuff.

I have been doing mock ups and trying with different type and layout choices for my web page. I am almost there. I have done final decisions on the font and the colours. I have designed my splash page and created my identity by choosing a designer name and a logo that will help me branding myself. Key points on my website are simplicity, easy to navigate and to let the work be in main focus, not the page it self. The galleries will be navigated by light boxes. Looking at some other illustrators website, this seem to be a working, effective way.

The next step is to do some final decisions on my index page, to finalize the arrangement of my logo and my designer name. I want it to look clean, but artistic and to be an interesting introduction to the actual art.

No comments: