Sunday 4 January 2009

Tomorrow we will be delighted with an lecture by Catell Ronca, an illustrator from Switzerland. She moved to London in 1997 to study in Kingston University. Currently she is dividing her time between painting and teaching illustration.

I looked at her website ww.catellronca.uk.co. Her work i devided to paintings and illustrations. The page has a simple layout with a white background. Her work portrays mostly people of different ethnicities. Her use of colour is bold.

www.foggygrizzly.com offers a nice, delightful interview that focuses on her work and on the person Catell Ronca is. She says, that people and colour are the most obvious themes in her work. " My aim is to reflect what I see around me using spots of colour. The beauty of human beings everyday glory and be a casual journalist..... I would describe my style colourful naive and detailed. " Says Ronca.

No comments: