Friday 23 January 2009

Hand-in

I am done and it feels good! This has been an intensive unit. I was writing my self evaluation yesterday in the library. It made my realize how much thinking and self reflecting this project have required of me. This project has made me think more about my future as a designer then any other.

What kind of illustrator do I want to be? I am still not sure. As the course goes on and we learn new things in the field of visual communication, I can limit myself little by little and say what I don`t want to do. A couple of days ago I went to listen to the third year illustrators, who where on second year viscom last year. They told how the course is much about self disipline, in terms of learning and that the tutorial time is limited. I think this is something I cope well with. I am really looking forward for the third year. Before that I want to make clear where I see myself in the field of illustration. By doing research around illustration, exploring more where my images could fit the best and where my natural interest lies, will hopefully help me define that.

I am looking forward to the professional project. Complete freedom to create to go crazy! I already have some ideas of what i want to do, but I need to explore more to get the project perfect for me. We have a couple days of to recover from our website project before we start our final major project. In this time I will do some research on my ideas.

I am also working on a third year grad film, taking HDR images, helping a second year film by making the set design and creating the visual look for it. Today I have to go and record my voice in post production for the film Thug of War, in which I was acting in last year. As always these projects keep me busy and focused.

No comments: