Wednesday 18 February 2009

CVC proposal

For my essay
Milla Koivisto


* The working title for my essay will be; An analysis on science fiction visual narrative.

* I will define what science fiction is ( a broad genre of fiction that often involves speculations based on current or future science or technology ).

* I will look into the pioneer science fiction film, Trip To The Moon ( Le Voyage Dans La Luna ) by a French filmmaker/magician Georges Melies.

* I will research Graphic Storytelling and Visual Narrative by Will Eisner

* I will example some contemporary films such as Blade Runner and A.I ( looking into their visual side especially, maybe analyzing how science fiction films stand the test of time. )

* I will research science fiction book adaptations into film, for example I Robot and their visuals, illustrations etc.

I am still very much in the process of researching and defining the content of my essay. These are examples of what I plan to research and those topics will hopefully lead me into more interesting areas around my subject matter.

No comments: