Thursday 19 February 2009

Visual inspirations

I keep on referencing to this piece, All Is Full Of Love, by Bjork, directed by Chris Cunningham. The visuals of it is at the same time clinical and beautiful, interesting and something different. " You ll be given love, you ll be taken care of. "

My short story, grasps on the topic of what makes a human real. What is it to feel, to love. How to define such an abstract feeling like love. How far can technology take us? Is it possible to make a real human with real feelings. Can a machine replace a human as a companion or a partner?

An excerpt from my short story ( working title ) People don 't really die, they go on vacation.

" They made me beautiful. They gave me the colour of eyes he liked. They grew my curves the way his hand fitted them perfectly. His number was 19 and I was that number. He took me by the hand and walked me away from there. "

No comments: