Friday 6 February 2009

First draft of MFPs Learning Agreement

What I am going to do:
I am going to write and illustrate a book. The end product will be two individual books. A pictorial skecthbook, an artists sketchbook and a book containing the images and the text interacting together as a final piece.

How I am going to do it:
I will start by writing the short story/novel. From the words I will generate the images. A ll the images will go to my artists sketchbook, showing development of the characters and the story. This will be a study of my work, a window to my creative mind as an illustrator. The second book will consist of the words interacting with the images. I will bind this book myself or print it out in a bindery or printers.

Time planning:
I am making myself a week to week time plan, which I will write as I go, depending on the development and the turns my project takes. I will also have a bigger scale time plan, that is more loose and that I make in the beginning of this project. For my project to be successful I will have to follow the time plan I made for my self.

Research:
I will be researching authorial illustration, artist books, how to break down a narrative in a story, the history of story telling, creative writing in general, artists that inspire me both with their words and images, binding techniques, images and words interacting, animation and film.

Target audience:
Not mainstream, limited edition books, more value, art collectors, artists book collectors, galleries.

What I hope to gain/aims:
My main goal i this project is to produce a piece of successful, professional standard work. In my book I will explore the interaction between words and images. The end product will be a good portfolio piece and help me get into third year illustration.

No comments: