Monday 2 February 2009

Your creativity is endless if you nurture it

Day started with a snow storm ( according to the English scale ). To my big disapointment our London trip was cancelled. To much snow in London and too slippery roads. After enjoying the snow with everyone who turned up to the buss stop, making some snow angels and snow balls. I returned to the old familiar Mac class to do some research on FMP.

Today I started drawing some images. My biggest question so far has been whether to write the story first or to draw the images. Whether to let the illustrations influence the story or make the images from the words I will write. I still haven`t answered this question, but have put it aside for a while and apply the sentence, your creativity is endless if you nurture it. I will find the write way to approach this project and everything will find it´s right place and order eventually, like Hayley advised me earlier in the talk we had. The important thing is to draw, generate images, reflect on what iI have done earlier for inspiration and to analyse what I want to say and do.

It is really refreshing to start from a blank canvas. There are no rules. Everything is possible. There are no wrong turns, only possibilities. I have a pen in my hand, a paper in front of me and the images are just waiting to be discovered.

No comments: