Tuesday 17 February 2009

Investigating colour for inspiration

I have been heavily influenced by Japanese filmmaker Wong Kar-Wais movies. What I find beautiful in them is the colours he uses in the interior design and in the costumes he dresses his characters. His brilliancy is also in his compositions. While writing my story these things stay in my head, influence me and hopefully gives my story something unique and special.

An example of my story where I describe the envionmetn where my cahracters are:

Working title: People don´t really die, they go on vacation.

I remember the first time coming to his house. It was like a treasure box. Everything he had fascinated me. The green colours on the walls, the old, odd pared lamps, the wooden floors. He let me touch everything. Sitting on his bed made me tingle inside. Watching him unpack made me happy. He was unpacking to come back to me. He liked peppers. He bought them in every colour. We would eat peppers for days.

Here are couple of my photos that where influenced by Wong Kar-Wais movies.




No comments: